19 Mar LEADERSHIP IS MAKE BELIEVE
The topic of the day ladies and gentlemen is LEADERSHIP!!
A lot of people want to have it, but not all can keep it. It takes time and patient to be a good leader, the most important aspect is to build trust between you and your co-workers. That is right, I said co-workers and not subordinates because people don’t want to feel diminish. This is the first note you should keep in mind: you are the leader and you have decisional power, but you shouldn’t constantly remind the others of it. Everyone should be listened because all the comments are valuable, also the one coming from the latest employee. In order for this relationship to work you should deserve the trust and the respect from your colleagues, you shouldn’t obtained it just because you are “the boss”.
Trust is not easy to get and if you want to create a long-lasting relationship you can’t take a short cut. As for all the valuable things, you should fight hard for it and once obtained you shouldn’t give it for granted, but constantly fuel the relationship.
It is difficult, but not impossible!!! You need to follow few golden rules, which will make you rise as a natural leader and not as an institutional one. Here there are:
1) It’s not all about you!! Listen to people, they might have a point of view you didn’t think about. Remember: a captain can’t be a captain without his crew!
2) Focus on the success of the organization and not on your personal one.
3) Resolve conflicts with resolution and actions. Keep it on the business field and don’t let your feelings or emotions clouding your judgment.
4) Be proactive, make decisions, take risks but more importantly take responsibilities for the consequences. There is nothing that helps you more to obtain respect!
5) Divide the tasks wisely and work side-by-side with your co-workers without putting yourself into a superior position
These are the “easy” rules, but the insights for a good leadership are:
SHARE YOUR VISION, but most importantly LET YOUR PEOPLE BELIEVE.
There is nothing more powerful than a belief !! If people believe something is possible they can reach all the goals, even the most difficult ones!!
In order to achieve the latest steps of a good leader you need astonish SOFT SKILLS. LSL CONSULTANCY can help you to improve them and reach the “Nirvana of Leadership”.
Check out our training and coaching session about LEADERSHIP on: www.lslconsultancy.com