26 Jul LSL MANAAGEMENT TIP #41: 8 Tiny Habits That Will Make You Happier
8 Tiny Habits That Will Make You Happier
Everything around us is changing at warp speed, it seems–but some things will always remain the same. That’s why habits are so powerful. Some of the smallest of our daily habits have the power to always give us happiness and help steer us toward success.
Here are eight little habits that can make a big difference in your life and work:
- Early to rise makes you healthy, wealthy, and wise.Numerous studies have linked early rising with success. An early morning wake-up carries benefits that include better planning and anticipation of problems, and more time to exercise, pray or meditate, and do the things that make you happy.
- Happiness comes to those who are curious.There is no stage in life when we can’t be learning something valuable.
- Be the most respectful person you know.Respect is both given and earned through the habit of having reverence for people–listening to them, acknowledging their feelings, and treating them with high regard.
- Forgiveness takes you one step closer to your happiness.Make a habit of not holding grudges.
- Achievement of integrity is the purpose of your life.Great men and women are not extraordinary superhumans, but ordinary people doing ordinary things with integrity.
- The groundwork of all happiness is health.How you take care of yourself will make an enormous difference in the quality of your life.
- Believe in yourself and all that you are.Nothing will ever make you happier than having confidence in yourself.
- A day well spent gets you a good night sleep.Get enough sleep! It makes you feel healthier and happier, and it goes way beyond just boosting your mood or banishing exhaustion.
It doesn’t take a huge effort to make a significant change in your life–just one or two tiny habits may be all you need. Get started today and you’ll soon be experiencing the rewards.