If a company decides to offer a training program to its employees, it is because the company would like to develop employees toward long-term career goals that can also promote greater job satisfaction. A more satisfied employee is likely to stay longer and be more productive while on your team: Learning and upgrading employee skills makes business sense.
Training is essential for knowledge transfer. It’s very important to share knowledge among your staff. If only one person has special skills, you’ll have a tough time recouping their knowledge if they suddenly leave the company.
Management training can be defined as any training that improves leadership, supervising and managing skills. Additional skills, such as communication skills, lowering the stress level by using stress management tools, , handling interpersonal relationships, team building through team cohesiveness improvement simulations , can be gained through different management training programs.
In other words, management training is a broad term, which illustrates the process of training employees to be better managers on different levels, by helping them identify existing problems and empowering them to find and work out solutions.
A management training curriculum can cover a wide variety of topics, but most management training courses will cover effective communication skills, employee motivation, improving performance management, and project or team management.
Many companies and organizations are incorporation management training programs in order to train middle and high level managers to positively impact the performance of the employees they supervise.
There are many different management training programs and choosing the right management training course can be a complex task.
The first question that candidates and companies should do is to identify the main skills and skillset that they want to develop through management training.
For example, leadership training programs give a better understanding of why leadership is essential in a business environment and how to develop leadership skills. However, they don’t always focus on improving the micro-behavioral skills of the manager.
On the other hand, communication management trainings can help in specific areas such as interpersonal conflicts, dealing with difficult employees and influencing people.
Another important factor, while choosing a management training program is the level of experience of the trainee. Young managers with less than 5 years of business experience may need to consider management training programs that are more orientated towards project management or even a general management training in order to acquire essential skills for managing employees.
On the opposite, managers in mid-career may find leadership management trainings to be more effective and adapted to their needs.
When working in a team you often run into difficult people that can slow the team down and hinder your goals and objectives. Our program helps you deal with these situations in a professional and beneficial way. We will help you solve your own problems without having to bring the issue to your manager saving you and your business time.
• Teaches the value of self control
• Identify your emotional triggers
• Identify the approach you want to take to safely understand the situation
• Develop and practice techniques for handling counterproductive behavior of difficult people
• Starting out by examining yourself
• Exploring what you are experiencing with a trusted friend or colleague
• Approaching the person with whom you are having the problem for a private discussion.
• Follow up after the initial discussion
• Confronting your difficult coworker’s behavior publicly
• Rallying the other employees who might have an issue with the difficult person as well – carefully
• Failing to work?
Interpersonal conflicts we experience on a daily basis cause the most stress across ALL occupations. Give your employees a memorable, easy-to-implement way to stay calm and productively work through issues with co-workers. Our program simplifies confrontation with someone who is behaving in a way that is disruptive, unprofessional or self-serving. We present a simple 4-step approach that helps individuals collect their thoughts and initiate resolution in the most productive way.
• Teaches people to work through conflict on their own
• Keeps conflicts from escalating
• Builds interpersonal skills
• What to Do When Conflict Happens introduces the C.A.L.M. model:
C – CLARIFY the issue
A – ADDRESS the problem
L – LISTEN to the other side
M – MANAGE your way to resolution
• What makes the C.A.L.M. approach unique is the first stage – CLARIFY, where employees step back and think. They rationally examine what’s happening, why they feel the way they do, what the other person might be feeling and what to keep in mind as they address the issue. After CLARIFY is complete employees are effectively able to ADDRESS, LISTEN and MANAGE the issue on their own.
Feed back between managers and employees can be one of the most important and beneficial concepts an organization can adopt. We recognize that sometimes this is overlooked particularly in the vertical avenues of a business. Our program will help you integrate both positive and negative feedback channels while still maintaining a sense of professionalism between employees and managers.
• Improve your interpersonal communication skills
• Understand and benefit the importance of feedback in achieving results
• Learn how to give honest and sincere feedbacks with no hesitation
• Observe and discover tips and suggestions for the best emotionally intelligent feedbacks
• Improve your and your employees’ skills and knowledge on a an ongoing project by constant feedback flow (vertical & horizontal)
• Enhance your employee retention
• Emotional intelligence
• Personal quotient
• All about feedback
• Structure / environment / circle / mirror image / hamburger technique
• Setting smart objectives
• Feedback types
• Poor performance / discipline feedback / appraisal performance
• Best feed back tips
• Coaching check list for ongoing performance
Influencing people effectively can be an extremely beneficial tool in your business if you do it right. We can teach you how to improve your influencing techniques by implementing them into your everyday life in and out of the office. This module is designed to help you persuade people in your work environment, whether it’s a co-worker or a customer.
• Develop your skills as a professional influencer
• Discover the dynamics required by influencing
• Have your say even without authority
• Direct people’s decision towards your goal
• Succeed on your objectives who generally depend on external factors
• Principles of Influence
• Influencing Style
• Expanding your Spheres of Influence
• Compensation rather than Compromise
• Personal Negotiation Strategy
• Making Impact Briefings
• Creating the Right First Impression
• Using Pressure rather than Coercion
• Seeing the Other Point of View
• Using Status to Stay In Charge
• Knowing What to Give Away
• Creating a Circle of Champions
• Understanding Group Dynamics
• Giving Positive Feedback
• Making ‘Weaknesses’ Work For You
Working under someone in an organization can often be difficult. You might not get along with the person, or you might disagree with their management style. There are ways to adapt though, which can definitely help your situation and ultimately make you and your superior happier in the work environment.
• Master the way to express yourself in a clear and concise way
• Be better understood
• Save time on mistakes and misunderstanding
• Convey a positive and professional image
• Enhance your interactions with people through communication
• Introduction to communication
• Listening – a generous act
• Self analysis on skills of 3 A’s: Acknowledge, Assess, Answer
• Taking responsibility for your words
• Banning fillers (er, uh, ah etc…)
• Aiming your speech for your audience
• 3 courses speech: Introduction / body / closing
• Managing the pitch of your voice
• Controlling the pace of your speech
• Cross-checking for right understanding
A key in being a successful manager is to be able to motivate your employees. How you do this is important to your goals and accomplishments. We can help you inspire people by providing the necessary tools to improve not just short term but long-term motivation. This module is designed to teach you how to approach your employees using individual motivating techniques while simultaneously increasing their morale and productivity.
• Create efficiency and dynamism within your team
• Develop your employees ownership to any type of project or assigned task
• Receive constant and beneficial feedback for improved results
• Create a bond and efficient communication circle
• Basic skills about employee motivation – including steps you can take
• The eternal question… How can I motivate my employees or people that I interact
• Creating a sense of urgency
• Leadership knowledge base: Information to improve your leadership success
• Employee motivation tricks
• Cross training as motivational tool
This delegation module successfully deals with general delegation principles and process, which is applicable to individuals and teams, or temporary assignments, even “virtual teams”. We will help you encourage good delegation which will save time, develop new relationships and groom a possible successor all while avoiding frustration, confusion and possible failure of the task itself. We will teach you to ‘manage upwards’ and suggest improvements to the delegation process and understanding vertically and horizontally through your business.
• Encourage motivation
• Help in the personal development of your team members
• Open the door to successful planning
• Be able to concentrate on other tasks for your own
• Appraise easily the “can and can not yet” of your employees
• SMART or SMARTER delegation
• Delegated Tasks Must Be: Specific/Measurable/Agreed/Realistic/Time Bound/Ethical/Recorded
• Defining the Task
• Selecting the Individual or Team
• Assessing Ability and Training Needs
• Explaining the Reasons
• Stating Required Results
• Considering Required Resources
• Agreeing Deadlines
• Supporting and Communicating
• Feed Back on Results
Making good decisions is a key factor to helping you lead effectively. We can give you the techniques to arrive at the best decisions for any business decision. This module is designed with problem solving techniques and specific formulas for you to reach the best decisions.
• Teaches people to make good decisions based on facts
• Eliminates indecisiveness
• Saves time
• Help to seize opportunities
• Pareto analysis – choosing what to change
• Paired comparison analysis – working out the relative importance of different options
• Grid analysis – making a choice into account of many factors
• PMI – weighing the pros and cons
• Force Field analysis – analyzing the pressures for and against
• Six thinking hats – Looking at a decision from different perspectives
• Starbursting – understanding option better by brainstorming questions
• Stepladders – making better group decisions
• Decision tree – choosing by valuing different options
Becoming a manager in a new job is something that can be daunting to anybody, no matter how much experience they have. Nerves and managing styles collide and can often affect the productivity of a team. This module will help you prioritize your main responsibilities and allow you to focus on the task at hand. We will dispel common misconceptions about what to do on the job and help you focus in on being the best manager you can be.
• Get support for management
• Remove obstacles in your job
• Be able to share both power and information
• Gain good leadership skills
• Know what to do and when to do
• Know what to avoid while adjusting to a new management position
• What your job really is: coach, setter of standard, performance appraiser, teacher, motivator?
• What not to be
• Your purpose and main responsibilities
• Pitfalls to avoid
• Gaining a balanced viewpoint
Make sure that your current managers are up to date on the latest and most effective managing tools of our program designed for existing managers. We’ll evaluate the skills set of your current management team and insure that they’re being highly effective in their roles.
• Assessing and developing leadership skills
• Coaching and managing individual employee performance
• Building collaboration and team work
• Facilitate planning and problem solving
• Getting into teams
• Common types of teams
• Look before you leap
• 3 cornerstones of building a team
• Strategies for building Productive Teams
• Models in Focus-Cohesiveness
• Developing Tools for productive Team Players
• Instant coffee – Instant teams
• Effective interpersonal communication
• Problem solving
• Conflict resolution
People are not always the most adaptable to change, often times managers are the most affected by change because not only do they have to adjust on their own but they must assist in the adjustment for everybody else. Change in the workplace is necessary; it makes for a more creative working environment and avoids too much repetition. It’s important to embrace change and not shy away from it, that is why we have created a module to help you accept change and adapt easily.
• Ability to accept change and see the reason for it
• Embrace the fundamentals of change in an organization
• Understand the pressures of change on everybody in the organization
• Have the best tools on hand to deal with any bumps on the road for change
• Working with a difficult manager
• How to handle and what to expect
• Managing change from the top
• Getting over your fear of the unknown
• Reducing your resistance to change
One way or another, business is all about Managing People. True, leadership is another part of it, but one way or another; you’re going to have to be great with people in your business or organization to be a success.
• Master the way to express yourself in a clear and concise way
• Be better understood
• Save time on mistakes and misunderstanding
• Convey a positive and professional image
• Enhance your interactions with people through communication
• Managing Focus
• Building the Best Teams
• Focusing on Delivery
• Building Relationships
• Accepting Feedback
• Developing Others
• Being Accountable
• Setting Standards
• Be Determined
• Can Be Trusted
Meetings work best when they’re structured and run effectively and efficiently. We can help you decide who should organize the meetings, which roles different individuals should have in the meetings and who should be included. This module will give you everything from strategy tips for running meetings to popular meeting icebreakers to get the ball rolling.
• Teaches the value of meetings as a management tool
• Shows critical planning steps that makes meeting time more efficient
• Pinpoints to start and end meetings in time with a well constructed agenda
• Identify the role of the meeting chair and the meeting participant
• Identify the steps to take to create a safe forum for discussion
• Develop and practice techniques for handling counterproductive behaviour
• Presentation of the 4 main roles:
– Time Keeper
• Preparation of the meeting agenda and who should attend
• Collection of information prior to meeting
• Timely distribution of agenda and feedback
• Crucial seating arrangements
• Meeting starts with the previous meeting minutes with a round table
• Meeting road map and ground rules
• Meeting open forum
• Activity, by who, by when & follow-up
• Meeting adjourns with the next agenda topics
It is aimed at those new to training to enable them to make an effective contribution to the training and development of others. It will give trainers the basic skills and knowledge needed as a foundation from which they can later develop further specialist skills of identifying training needs, training design, training facilitation and training evaluation.
When running your business overseas often times you will be asked to deal with a cross-cultural issue. Let us employ you with the skills necessary to conduct business overseas with an era for cultural differences in both societies and business cultures.
Everyone knows that while different cultures may think about the world differently, they use the same equipment for doing their thinking Everyone knows that whatever skin color, nationality or religion, every human being uses the same tools for perception, memory and for reasoning Everyone knows that a logically true statement is true in English, German or Hindi Everyone knows when a Chinese and an American look at the same painting, they see the same picture But what if everyone is wrong?
• Philosophies: The Syllogism and the Tao
• Mindset: The Social Origins of Mind
• Society: Living Together vs. Going It Alone: Social Life and Sense of Self in the Modern East and West
• Worldview: “Eyes in Back of Your Head’ or ‘Keep Your Eye on the Ball’
• Language: Is the World Made Up of Nouns and Verbs?
• Logic: ‘Ce n’est Pas Logique’ or ‘You’ve Got a Point There’
• Meeting in the Middle:
• The End of Psychology or the Clash of Mentalities
• Getting Consensus
• Application in the Business Life
Although creative thinking and imagination are critical to an organization’s continued growth and profitability, it is often our human nature to behave in ways that do not favor thinking creatively and using imagination is often frowned upon in organizational context. In this session we will explore how leaders and their team members can tap into their intrinsic motivation and make space for reflective imaginative thinking. In order for creative ideas to flourish, a context must be provided where creativity is continually sought, valued and where environments and creativity are exciting and dynamic. Moving beyond traditional brainstorming, we will introduce effective, yet simple techniques to assist the creative thinking process including methods that build in lateral, divergent thinking.
• Use your brain to its full potential
• Look at things from various angles
• Develop your critical thinking
• Increase your innovative capability
• Release the creative potential in products, services, brand, organizational structures
• Enhance your problem solving skills
• Improve the status quo Content
Part 1. Outside-In
• Trapped inside
• Mind blockers
• Socratic questioning
• Free at last
• Caterpillar and the cat
• Creative thinking
• Areas for innovation
• Product Innovation & diversification
• Customer services
• Creative advertising
• Efficiency – quality – cost
• Personal effectiveness
Part 2. Inside-Out
• Tolerance for ambiguity
• Mental flexibility
• Producing creative ideas
• Techniques, tools and triggers
• Nyaka – defect analysis
• Features Matrix – creative bi-sociation
• Brain faxing – creative problem solving
• Trigger cards
• Chip analysis
• Presentation tips – bomber
Choosing the right candidate for your company is the same as selecting the future of your business. We have a program that will give you the tools and observation skills necessary to finding the right candidate for an available position. We’ll integrate different interview styles for different types of candidates as well as arming you with the knowledge to ask the right questions to get the right person.
• Using listening and questioning techniques to develop the best interview skills
• Learn to read people by their body language
• Analyze different types of interviews
• The Key Objective: choosing the right candidate for the position
• Interview Skills
• Questioning techniques
• Interpreting body language
• Interview Types and Tips
• Skill Summary
If you’re like most managers, performance management is stressful. Today’s business climate adds a new layer of uncertainty and accountability, making performance management even tougher to navigate. This seminar gives you the time-tested roadmap for developing and reviewing performance that aligns with rapidly changing priorities and organizational goals to help you stay focused and move your team forward.
• Use quick performance snapshots to streamline and improve the review process
• Understand how to cope with various employee reactions
• Overcome reluctance to communicate, coach and give feedback
• Learn to provide clarity when there is organizational ambiguity
• Set SMART objectives linked to organizational goals, providing feedback, coaching and development opportunities
• Write a performance appraisal and have a structured discussion that resolves any problems or unclear objectives
• Performance management at a glance
• Aligning objectives with your company’s business goals
• Addressing matrix reporting relationships
• Communicating with employees often (provide short, quick performance snapshots)
• Writing the performance appraisal: fair, “objective”, no surprises
• Having the performance appraisal discussion: fair, “objective”, no surprises
• Dealing effectively with various employee reactions
• Planning for short and long-term objectives
Team Cohesion is one of the most necessary aspects of teamwork in order to propel success. When a team comes together and really knows each other inside and out, their productivity increases and often times they find that they can increase their goal expectations. The Team Cohesion model was designed for managers to implement proper team building techniques into their management styles.
• Higher team morale
• Goal expectations can be constantly increate
• Clear roles and responsibilities will be defined
• Distribution of tasks is made easier and more efficient
• Performance measurements are more accurate
• The 4 stages a team goes through: 1. Forming
2. Storming 3. Norming 4. Performing
• Roles and Goals
• Interpersonal relationships
• Managerial procedures
• The 7 Critical Team Skills
Beat Work Overload. Increase Your Effectiveness. Achieve Much More. Key learning and description of session Time management can prove to be the most effective way of improving your business. There are many distractions in the work environment and we recognize that. We’ve designed a program to help improve YOUR time usage. We will reduce your stress levels while making you more productive. This module will help you reach the goals you set and show you how to continuously raise the bar on your performance.
• Be better at managing your time and energy
• Be better at finishing the tasks or project work on time
• Prioritize your tasks
• Make full usage of your potential
• Have a very organized team
• The 4 stages a team goes through
• How good is your time management: Discovery of time management tools
• Beating procrastination: Manage your time, get it all done
• Activity logs: know where your time goes
• Prioritized to do list: taking control of your time
• Action programs: becoming exceptionally well organized: Urgent / Important/ Not Urgent / Not Important Grid
• Effective scheduling: bringing your workload under control
• Locke’s goal setting theory: Understanding S.M.A.R.T. Goal setting
• Forward planning versus backward planning
• In flow: achieve much more with same effort
As the saying goes : “Happiness is not something ready. It comes from your own action”.Thanks to this workshop, we will present you how optimism can elevate you to a joyful and peaceful life at work and home. The participants will understand that positive action is helping everyone to build connections with others. Happiness can be be learned, therefore cope with the stress of life and learn how to raise the bar.
•Enhance the meaning of your daily life
• Set the goals for your ultimate happiness
• Discover the seven meditation on happiness
• Get used with the happiness habits
• Provide new perspectives at home and work
• The pursuit of happiness
• Self creation happiness
• Happiness in the workplace
• Happiness in relationships
• Creating connections with others
• Positive emotions feel good and do people good
• Reference and further reading
We want you to be able to educate your employees so that they understand what you want right away and there is no wasted time. Let us teach you how to train your employees the right way, the first time. You’ll be able to teach it quick and make it stick with our comprehensive development-training program. This module is designed to help you increase efficiency and save time.
• Finalizing the training needs
• Enhancing facilitation skills
• Evaluate the training results and to monitor the training
• Planning the facilitation sessions
• Facilitation methods
• Session skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Problem-solving skills
• Helpful attitudes and values
• The knowledge base
• Reference and further reading
NUMBER OF EMAILS SENT
CUPS OF COFFEE
“I can wholeheartedly recommend Adile to anyone expecting only the best in customized Leadership Development, Management Training and high end Sales / Customer Service or Marketing related development programs. She brings operational experience in the Hotel Industry, Real estate and Training Services where she has developed her expertise on how to build effective Customer relation and Sales skills in China. Adile is a very effective listener, who can rapidly understand business issues, and is able to design client specific development modules for highest behavioral impact. Adile (LSL) is currently the only Partner we entrust with all Leadership Development related projects for our clients.”
“ This morning the entire Sales team came to my office with a gift of chocolates to thank me for arranging the sales training. They said that it was great, and I thank you for all your efforts.” Ted THEOBOLD General Manager/Area Director, The Park Lane Hong Kong
I'd like to thank LSL Consultancy - and specifically Adile - for the coaching sessions I had last year during a 6 month period. After 12 years working in my company, I have taken a new challenge 2 years ago by managing a team of more than 50 people in China. It has been another/different dimension compare to my previous roles where I needed to step back a little bit to become a true leader. Adile helped me to know myself better: my strength and my weaknesses to come over a challenging and exciting position. I can just tell that the results after those 6 month coaching by Adile have been tangible and real. My team , colleagues and management can recognize the positive progress that has been done.
I had a six months period of time with Adile’s coaching that focus on my professional leadership. Adile has her methodology in helping me to deep dive my situation (in work and personal life) and finding way to balance and work the best out of it. At the beginning we went through some questionnaire to write it down in order to let us to find out what is my value and what we can be planned in helping me in my daily working and private life. The most precious key learning during Adile’s coaching was allow me to find out what is important to my life and rectify those confused surrounding in my life and work. As a conclusion to myself from the 6 months coaching, my take away: - Know my value - Appreciate life and myself - Be positive - Be prepared & always be updated - try newness and enjoy nowness
"Your training of Improving Customer Satisfaction at Shimao Rivera Garden made every participant deeply impressed. I hope the Customer Service related staff of all management sites could get this training to ensure our qualified service.”
"Les évaluations sont très bonnes. Merci encore de votre professionnalisme."
“I would like to thank you for a great training session this weekend. We have requested training for sometime here in Beijing and we are extremely pleased that this program has been arranged in such a professional way. I am sure I speak for my whole department when I say that we learned something over the weekend and I am sure this will provide us with great foundation for further growth both professionally and personally.”
"This is our first experience working with LSL. Actually LSL was also recommended by another company. The firm is extremely professional and operates with integrity. We just had 3 hours communication skill training by Adile, but all of us were absolutely satisfied with Adile and impressed very much with her professionalism and passion, also the result was much better than expected. Even if it was a short initiation, but it gave us a good "taste" of some coaching which can enhance our professional skills.”
"Adile is great listener, who is even able to find what is behind the words. She can analyze the situation quickly. As a problem solving oriented person she introduces actions’ plans to tackle the issues one by one. Her perseverance and “every day” positive attitude enable her to keep on going until the objectives are reached. In addition her experience of cultural differences guides her to make people feel at ease and to teach them how to interact in the best way. It was a great pleasure and success to work with her on training issues for the launch of ORSAY retail operations in China.”
"It was a good experience to us to share a seminar with ‘Leadership & Success’, their knowledge and experience of luxury was real added value to us!"